Sunday, July 31, 2011

Letter from a Student

When I set out to do this blog, I wanted to post letters from students whose classrooms I had visited. But then I could not find the stack of them. I for some reason filed them with my bill stubs. As I try avoiding looking there as much as possible, it is not surprising that I could not find them. But low and behold, I found them today. So here is one of my favorite letters form a classroom visit I did in May.

Dear Ms. Ramsay,
Thank you for coming to our class. Everybody in my class liked the book "Turtle Soup and Tiramisu." I have one question, would you put my name in one of the books you are writing? I'm not trying to be greedy but I'd like to be in the book. Also, I was the one wearing the gray sweatshirt sitting in the front right. I also want to read your new books that are coming oot.

Sincerely,
Kyle P.

I love a kid with chutzpah, so I totally named a character after him in "The Fairy Hollow."

No comments:

Post a Comment