Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The book in a turtle shell so far...

I've had three signings so far, and I've learned that the weather makes a big difference in your turnout. If it is a beautiful day, people don't wander into book stores. If it is kind of dreary out, people do. I don't think I would publish in the spring again, but you live and you learn. I am, however, counteracting this problem this summer by doing a book signing at a farmer's market, where the nice weather will work in my favor. I am partnering with the Waltham Farmer's Market to get local authors to do signings every week. I have tentatively booked three other Waltham area authors so far. More details to follow......

I am also hoping to gain more speed selling my book nationally by reaching out to other bloggers to review my book. I'm learning this is a big marketing strategy for authors. I'm also learning that these blogs have a limit on how many samples they will take. It made me realize I've been doing my cooking blog all wrong. My friend Jeremy writes a snack blog, and people send him snack samples from all over the world. I want people to send me food and cook books to sample. I will review them at Chefnan.

No comments:

Post a Comment